To pay dues in full - CLICK HERE
To pay dues in full - CLICK HERE
TO MAKE PAYMENTS:
Note: There is a single $15 administration fee that accompanies multiple dues payments.
To set up autopay - CLICK HERE
To make payments on your own - CLICK HERE
1. Dues are not refundable.
2. Payment is due by January 1, 2018. Dues are delinquent after January 31, 2018. Dues paid in full February 1, 2018 through February 28, 2018, add a $30.00 late fee. If full payment is not received by March 1, 2018, membership will be suspended and a $60 reinstatement fee will apply.
3. Part of your 2018 dues structure includes $40 that will be set aside by the Missouri REALTORS® to be used for issues activity. These monies will fund an “issues reserve fund” and may be used in the discretion of the Association to promote or oppose issues that affect REALTORS®.
4. Your 2018 dues includes a $35.00 mandatory assessment by the National Association of REALTORS® for all REALTOR® and REALTOR-Associate® members to fund a nationwide Consumer Advertising campaign (formally known as the Public Awareness Campaign) which includes radio, TV network and cable ads highlighting the value a REALTOR® brings to a transaction and stressing the importance of using a REALTOR®. Please note that the entire $35 Consumer Advertising Campaign assessment qualifies as fully deductible.
5. Dues payments are not deductible as charitable contributions for income tax purposes. However, dues payments may be deductible as an ordinary business expense. It is recommended that you contact your personal tax adviser about business deductions.
6. Contributions to RPAC are not deductible for federal income tax purposes. Contributions are voluntary and are used for political purposes. The amounts indicated are merely guidelines and you may contribute more or less than the suggested amounts. The National Association of REALTORS® and its state and local associations will not favor or disadvantage any member because of the amount contributed or a decision not to contribute. You may refuse to contribute without reprisal. Your contribution is split between National RPAC and the State PAC in your state. Contact your State Association or PAC for information about the percentages of your contribution provided to National RPAC and to the State PAC. The National RPAC portion is used to support federal candidates and is charged against your limits under 52 U.S.C. 30116. We need your help with donations to reach our goal, thank you!
7. The Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993 contains a provision that eliminates the deductibility of lobbying expenses of corporations and trade associations as a business expense for federal income tax purposes. Therefore, the 2018 dues paid to local, state and national associations will be nondeductible to the extent of that association’s lobbying expenditures on state and federal issues.
Since SGAR has less than $2,000 of expenses for lobbying on state and federal issues, the nondeductible portion of your Local Board’s/Association’s dues is zero. Please note below, the amount of state and national dues which REALTORS® and REALTOR-Associate® are not able to deduct on their federal tax returns as business expenses.
TOTAL NON-DEDUCTIBLE PORTION
Where this amount comes from:
By Estimated Lobbying Expense Percentage
National Association of REALTORS® 43% of Annual NAR Dues
Missouri REALTORS® 30% of Annual MR Due
8. The Southern Gateway Association of REALTORS® Scholarship will go to a high school senior who is a son, daughter, grandson, or granddaughter of a REALTOR® member of JCBR. Any monies over the $500.00 scholarship amount may go toward other educational-related opportunities as approved by the Board of Directors.
[Designated REALTOR®, REALTOR® and REALTOR-Associate® membership includes Local, State, and National Association]