Thank you for your interest in the Southern Gateway Association of REALTORS' Core 40 Leadership Academy!
WHY FOLLOW WHEN YOU CAN LEAD?
The SGAR Core 40 Leadership Academy is a new and exciting professional development program! We are looking for members to apply to join a small group of select peers who will work together throughout the year in a variety of ways. We will meet in at least 5 sessions, working on one group project, learn about our own and each others' leadership styles, meet with state leadership, and meet with local legislators. Those who complete the 2018 Academy will graduate at the 2019 Awards Banquet as FIRST class of Core 40 Graduates and be awarded dues paid for 2019.
Application deadline is 4pm on Friday, February 9, 2018.
CLICK HERE to find out about Missouri REALTORS' Leadership Academy.
More SGAR Core 40 Leadership Academy Info:
February 9 – Applications Due
February 14 – Select Core 40 Leadership Class of 2018
March 14 – Introduce Class to Board of Directors
Session 1 (First Session after Board of Directors Meeting) – March 14
- Schedule rest of sessions
- Discuss/decide project – This would be to fulfill a specific need or decide on something to benefit the membership or community around us. Decide on project deadline.
In between Sessions 1 and 2, cadets take DISC assessment test or something similar
Session 2 – May
- DISC/Leadership style results and discussion
- Work on project
Session 3 – August
- The class will examine ethical decision making through a series of engaging exercises. There will be a discussion about ethical decisions REALTORS® must make in their profession and as volunteers.
- Other topics of current interest in the real estate industry will be discussed as well as team building exercises that enhance ethical decisions.
- Work on project
Session 4 – October
- Field trip to meet with several local legislators – set meetings with legislators of where the academy cadets live.
Session 5 – January 2019
- Attend Capitol Conference in Jefferson City
- SGAR will pay for Conference luncheon; cadets must pay for their own hotel rooms if they decide to stay.
March 2019 – Recognition/Graduation at Awards Banquet